To make inquiries and intakes more efficient, please provide answers to these questions to the extent of your current knowledge:
Identifying information about the individual of concern
- Job title and duties or academic status
- Length of service or time with the organization
- If an outsider, the basis for his or her relationship to the organization, for example, a customer, former employee or student, or the partner or family member of an employee
- Family or personal situation
- marital status or living situation
- number and ages of children
- residence locale
What is the individual doing or communicating that is raising concern about violence or risk of harm to self?
Is the individual facing, or has he or she recently experienced a serious setback, such as a job termination, personal rejection or loss?
What do you know about a possible explanation for the subject’s behavior? – his or her “grievance” or problematic or bizarre thinking or perceptions, etc.
Can you provide us a simple chronology of the dates of significant events, incidents, actions you have taken so far, as well as the individual’s reactions to any steps you or other authorities or entities (e.g., law enforcement) have taken?
Please tell us whatever else you think may be relevant for us to know.
Crisis Intervention or Urgent Calls: (415) 398-8681
Press 0 to page the professional on call.